Coinbase provides a simple and powerful REST API to integrate bitcoin payments into your business or application.
We allow all major operations in bitcoin through one API including:
- Buying and selling bitcoin (exchanging it to your local currency)
- Sending and requesting bitcoin by email or bitcoin address
- Accepting bitcoin payments as a merchant
- Securely storing bitcoin and creating bitcoin wallets
- Access to raw bitcoin network data (blocks, transactions, addresses, etc)
- The ability to handle micro-transactions and recurring payments
A number of services have been built on top of the Coinbase API in a completely white-labeled way.
All requests use the
application/json content type and go over
https. The base URL is
For API support you can post a question in our support center or discuss individual API calls in the comments on each page.
Subscribe to our developer newsletter. This is where we send updates about new API features, breaking changes, and deprecation warnings. You will not receive marketing email on this list.