Coinbase provides a simple and powerful REST API to integrate bitcoin payments into your business or application.
We allow all major operations in bitcoin through one API including:
- Buying and selling bitcoin (exchanging it to your local currency)
- Sending and requesting bitcoin by email or bitcoin address
- Accepting bitcoin payments as a merchant
- Securely storing bitcoin and creating bitcoin wallets
- Access to raw bitcoin network data (blocks, transactions, addresses, etc)
- The ability to handle micro-transactions and recurring payments
A number of services have been built on top of the Coinbase API in a completely white-labeled way.
All requests use the
application/json content type and go over
https. The base URL is
For API support you can post a question in our support center or discuss individual API calls in the comments on each page.
Sample Applications That Use The API
- Coinbase Android - access your Coinbase wallet from your Android device
- Coinbase iOS - access your Coinbase wallet from your iOS device
- Bitcoin for Windows Phone - access your Coinbase wallet from your Android phone
- Coinbase Wordpress - a Wordpress plugin for bitcoin
- Gliph - a secure text messaging iOS app that lets you send Bitcoin
- Coinbase Trader - a mobile app to trade bitcoins
- Bitwall - Micropayments for digital publishers
Would you like to see your app listed here? Send us a note.